Cannabidiol is said to be highly beneficial to health, hence its growing popularity. The Endocannabinoid system, on the other hand, is built-in within humans and is responsible for tapping various receptors within the body that affect overall health and wellness.
The Endocannabinoid System
The endocannabinoid system is a group of endocannabinoids found in the different parts of the body. These endocannabinoids influence different functions within the body. It controls the flow of various neurotransmitters that regulate bodily functions.
Recent studies have shown that when a person lacks endocannabinoids, he is bound to contract several illnesses. These illnesses include Schizophrenia, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Psoriasis, Parkinson’s Disease, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Substance Abuse and Dependency, and various Chronic Inflammatory Diseases.
Another surprising discovery is that the endocannabinoid system also exists in all types of mammals. For this reason, more and more domestic animal owners are turning to Cannabidiol Oil for help in their pet’s health issues. While this type of therapeutic medication for animals has yet to be sanctioned by the authorities, some are treating it as a plant-based supplement for their animals who are facing health issues that can be resolved by CBD Oil.
Health Benefits of Cannabidiol Oil
CBD Oil’s reputation as an effective alternative plant-based medicine steadily grows in popularity. There is a long list of its health benefits that people of all ages and circumstances come to turn to Cannabidiol Oil for alternative relief. After all, every person has an endocannabinoid system that the cannabinoids from CBD Oil can tap.
Here are some of the health benefits of CBD Oil:
1. Chronic Pain Relief. Cannabidiol Oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain without side effects. The common side effects of anti-inflammatory pharmaceutical drugs like ibuprofen is internal bleeding and kidney failure. CBD Oil does not have that effect at all. Also, unlike other pain medications, CBD Oil is not addictive at all. Some examples of chronic pain illnesses that CBD Oil can address include Rheumatism, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and pain related to various terminal illnesses.
2. Acute Pain Relief. CBD Oil can also relieve severe pain from muscle strains, injuries, and wounds, among others. Cannabidiol can either be taken orally or be applied topically to address these pain issues.
3. Mental health issues. Cannabidiol can help those diagnosed with anxiety, clinical depression, and post-traumatic stress disorders. By allowing the mind to relax, a person is relieved from stress and anxiety. CBD Oil helps inhibit the production of Cortisol or the body’s stress hormone. At the same time, CBD Oil taps into the endocannabinoids that encourage the production of Serotonin. Serotonin is the body’s feel-good hormone.
4. Skin problems. Dermatological inflammatory issues such as Psoriasis and Atopic Dermatitis can get better with CBD Oil. Usually applied on the skin, Cannabidiol Oil can help address skin problems by bringing down the inflammation levels in the affected areas.
5. Better, younger-looking skin. Cannabidiol is slowly becoming a choice ingredient for some cosmetics and beauty cremes. Since Cannabidiol is rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids that regenerate cellos, it helps in keeping the skin soft, supple, and young-looking. Moreover, it also controls the production of the sebaceous glands that secrete oil into the skin. When these glands overproduce oil, acne can grow in the skin.
6. Lower blood pressure. Since Cannabidiol Oil is anti-inflammatory, it helps in ensuring a better blood flow within the whole body. Studies recently revealed that lower blood pressure is observed on people who have been regularly ingesting Cannabidiol Oil.
7. It helps patients overcome the side effects of Chemotherapy. Cancer patients are likely to weather the side effects of Chemotherapy through CBD Oil. Cannabidiol Oil can help alleviate nausea that commonly plagues patients who recently underwent a chemotherapy session. Moreover, it also helps them increase their appetite levels so that they could get nourishment from food and recover quicker from chemo. Furthermore, CBD Oil also helps relieve any headache or discomfort related to Chemotherapy.
8. Heals and prevent bone-related diseases. Cannabidiol Oil helps in the production of new bone cells that help treat bone injuries and bone-related illnesses. For instance, CBD oil can help a patient recover from bone fractures and other age-related bone diseases like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. Moreover, CBD heals faster, making the person recover from his injury at a quicker pace.
9. It helps address sleep disorders. With CBD Oil, patients can say goodbye to their sleep problems such as insomnia, sleep apnea, and other sleep issues. Cannabidiol Oil tackles sleep issues at its roots. Most of the time, worries and stress keep a person from dozing off easily. CBD Oil relieves a person’s concerns by controlling the production of Cortisol or the stress hormone and encouraging the production of Serotonin. Serotonin is the body’s feel-good hormone. By relieving anxiety, a person is bound to sleep quickly, away from his worries.
Apart from sleep disorders, CBD Oil also helps in paving a good night’s sleep for pain patients. By providing pain relief, a pain patient gets to doze off faster. Unlike other over the counter sleep medications, Cannabidiol is not addictive. Moreover, since it is plant-based, it hardly has any side effects.
10. It helps prevent seizures. Cannabidiol Oil’s ability to reduce, if not avert, epileptic seizures on pediatric patients has catapulted CBD Oil into the limelight. CBD Oil helps explicitly in preventing seizures caused by two of the gravest epileptic syndromes, which is the Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and the Dravett Syndrome.
Cannabidiol’s immense health benefits have made it a plant medicine of choice among those who have heard about it. It now comes in various forms; the most common include pills and tablets, tinctures, edibles, and topical creams and ointments.